Hello folks, a little catch up here on the podcasts as I get back from my vacation in VT. While I was there, it became clear to me why they’re crushing COVID-19.
Not only is their positivity rate the lowest in the country, their economy was bumping pretty well. It didn’t take long for me to see why, and I think they’d be an excellent model for the rest of the country.
In this episode of the podcast, I discuss:
- Why VT is crushing COVID-19
- The debilitating post-viral illness keeping people from shaking COVID-19 and the Facebook group looking to research it
- My self-care routine for the next month, aka, I need a vacation from vacation
In the podcast I discuss some changes in measures I take with my Fitbit and Iphone showing how quickly you can lose resilience when you let things go off the rails. Here are the graphs of that data:
As you can see, my resting heart rate jumped signficantly on vacation and is mostly back down to where it was. Chalk this up to a change in diet, shifting circadian rhythms, and drinking beer most of those days. Sleep also took a hit:
Towards the end of vacation, my sleep score was lower than it normally is, a weekly average of 79. Additionally, my O2 would fluctuate widely during sleep. Currently it’s back to my normal of 86. I chalk this up to the circadian shift, but primarily daily beer consumption.
Finally, the change in heart rate variability, taken with HRV4Training. Here is my before vacation HRV:
Coming back my HRV took a major hit, but it’s begun to reverse and return to what it was before I left:
I cover what I think is going on and how I intend to reverse it and improve my numbers over the ext month with diet, exercise, and other factors in the podcast, check it out:
Ep. 14: How VT is crushing COVID-19, CFS after COVID-19, and my self-care routine – Hack your gut
- Ep. 14: How VT is crushing COVID-19, CFS after COVID-19, and my self-care routine
- Episode 13: Epigenetic aging, senescent cells, the skin-gut axis, and more
- Episode 12: my diet & exercise, red light improves vision, & inflammaging
- Ep. 11-Current protocol, COVID-19, meal spacing/timing for gut health, delayed blue blocking
- It’s about time functional medicine treats the root cause of chronic disease!